Will a summer A77 firmware obviate the pending release of a new APS-C model A78?

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Old Man River
Regular MemberPosts: 251
Like?
Will a summer A77 firmware obviate the pending release of a new APS-C model A78?
Apr 16, 2013

I have to admit as a SONY Alpha aficionado, I am a sucker for rumors.

Today I read that the anticipated late 2013 release of the A78 has been permanently shelved in exchange for a hopefully significant summer/fall firmware update for the A77 and the promise of an all together different A77 successor that will contain the next generation of SONY wizardry.

If true, this feels like a birthday gift to A77 owners who couldn't get their hands on the camera due to supply shortages upon it's late 2011 release, saw their flagship status baton passed to the full frame A99, and fell prey to the news of a pending A77 replacement so soon in the ownership cycle.

I have had my A77 for just about one year now and the advanced learning curve on how to make this baby really hum is just starting to kick in.  I may have been a self-sufficient doubter before, but I picked up more usable tips than I could have ever anticipated by purchasing and downloading Gary Friedman's A77 e-book.

After enjoying the 1.5X crop factor for sports photography, I have turned my attention to wireless ratio flash portraiture.  I mention that shift because, if taken to its extreme, an A99 may well be in my future.

Mike Rose Soccer Complex   Memphis, Tennessee

Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow