PIX 2015

Before I take the plunge and purchase a Nikon D800e. Any thoughts on the rumored

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
just Tony
Contributing MemberPosts: 951Gear list
Like?
Re: Before I take the plunge and purchase a Nikon D800e. Any thoughts on the rumored
In reply to Shotcents, Apr 16, 2013

Shotcents wrote:

But what is NOT small are the issues I see from the E when shooting video. Some will say it's not a big deal, but if you plan to do any serious video/filmaking with a D800, skip the E version. It creates significantly worse moire and edge artifacts. I've seen it first-hand.

It is there on the standard D800 as well. I've seen it first hand. If you are motiivated to skip one, a sense of consistency would find you skipping them both.

People are taking measures "even on" the Canon 5D; the dividing fence is not in between the D800 and D800E.

http://www.mosaicengineering.com/products/vaf/faq.html

You can also mitigate the problem without any additional spending. Set the Sharpness all the way down in your picture control.

just Tony's gear list:just Tony's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon PC-E Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow