Re: Panasonic GH3 review published
In reply to Pete Berry, Apr 16, 2013

Pete Berry wrote:

R Butler wrote:

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

Anders W wrote:

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

tgutgu wrote:

Thanks for the good review. You have confirmed my concerns about the view finder, which is indeed disappointing for a flagship camera.

it does not confirm you allegations... it just says that visually impaired people like you (those who need to wear glasses ) do not see all the image sharp - "you'll rarely see the whole screen as sharp if you wear glasses"... you were alleging that everybody doesn't... just compare what is written in review w/ your previous musings.

So here is what is actually written in the review for comparison with what you say is written (and not):

However, we found the viewfinder optics to be disappointing - it's difficult to ever see the whole panel

indeed, because Butler wears glasses... the issue is his eyesight, for people w/ 20/20 there is no problem.

I can't believe I didn't ask people in the office who don't wear glasses to check whether they still had problems.

Oh, hang on, I did. Maybe that's what gave me confidence to state that it is a problem (and a bigger one for glasses wearers).

Richard - dpreview.com

As a fellow glasses wearer who found my EVF unsmeared but restricted in view of 4:3 corners

and as a fellow no glasses wearer I am surprised because I can see a lot of area around the full EVF LCD itself... I can see beyond pictograms displayed in all 4 corners of EVF LCD - but then I keep the camera as it should be kept - eye to EVF (not at a distance) and I look straight into EVF (not at an angle)...

and 16:9 edges (as well as disappointingly smaller and less sharp than my GH2's 4:3 view), I simply removed the rubber/plastic EVF surround and got a significantly better view - without any eyeglass damage so far.

exdeejjjaaaa's gear list:exdeejjjaaaa's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow