Metabones Speed Booster for Pentax K lenses?

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ET2
ET2
Senior MemberPosts: 3,769Gear list
Like?
Re: Argumentum ad hominem
In reply to Ari Aikomus, Apr 16, 2013

Ari Aikomus wrote:

ET2 wrote:

Ari Aikomus wrote:

ET2 wrote:

KentG wrote:

You are missing the entire point of the adapter. There are less Pentax users on the planet than Canon and Nikon by a large margin.

Besides, the  Nikon version should be able to use Pentax lenses anyway with K mount to F mount adapter..

http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Mount-Adapter-Pentax-Camera/dp/B003Y31A2W

You both are missing the point.

ET2...This Pentax-Nikon adapter use correction glass. Not a good thing - at all, especially with speedbooster!

You can pick a speedbooster adapter that doesn't use correction glass.

No, you can't! Do you even know what we are talking about here? Do you know what is Metabones Speedbooster?

Given I knew about Speedbooster long before you even heard of the name, and long before DPR posted about it on this site, I would say yes I have heard about speedbooster.

And by the way, the electronic contact part of speedbooster that allows Nex cameras to electronically control aperture on Canon lenses was designed by conurus, and I was on their  forums long before they licensed that chip to Metabones.

So yes I would say I know more than you ..

You need a mount version that has smaller flange than the K-mount

Really?! lol...I think you should stay just as loud Sony fanboy. Suits may be better for you, than the cameraexpert role

I suggest you watch your tone and show some respect, especially if you don't have reading comprehension to understand what I said.

Let me repeat once again:  A mount that has smaller flange distance than the K-mount won't require a glass element --- here I am not talking about SpeedBooster.  You need to find a SpeedBooster version (I am assuming you are planning to use it with Nex/Fuji cameras) where the mount has smaller flange distance than the K-mount. Then you can mount another (glassless adapter) on top of Speedboster (which has glass, I know, genius)  and use Pentax lenses.

It's a stack of two adapters. One Speedbooster and another one on top that is glassless.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow