ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MatthiasK
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Lowepro Flipside Sport 15l AW or 20l AW
Apr 16, 2013

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a new backpack for short hikes. I am 190cm (6.2 feet) tall and so far I used a Lowepro Slingshot 100 or a normal 30l hiking backpack equiped with a camera inlet. Now I would like to have something in between for some projects where I am in the nature for some hours where the slingshot is to small while the normal backpack is too heavy and bulky.

The backpack should have a good transport mechanism for a small tripod, should be lightweight and carry a DSLR with 3 Lenses, some accessories (batteries, cables, filters), something to drink (1-1.5l) and a small amount of food. During my search I found the Flipside Sport series from Lowepro and I really like their concept.

On the internet it looks like the 15l version should be big enough for all my equipment and some space in the camera bag could be used to store some food. Unfortunately I did not find the backpack in any shop to have a look at it in reality. Does anybody here use this backpack for the same purpose and could tell me how it is working for this purpose? Or should I go with the 20l version to get some more space? Of course other options are also very welcome!

Thank you!

Best,
Matthias

MatthiasK's gear list:MatthiasK's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow