Any reason to shoot film nowadays?

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark Smith
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,840Gear list
Like?
Re: Any reason to shoot film nowadays?
In reply to danijel973, Apr 16, 2013

danijel973 wrote:

For me, it stopped being worth the effort when I intended to buy a 4x5" field camera, some 3yrs ago, and realized there isn't a single lab in the country that could process film in this format, and I'd have to mail order the materials from Hong Kong.

No you wouldn't. You can buy film 4x5 from Maco in Germany no need to go to 'Hong Kong'

Here:

http://www.macodirect.de/

You can get 4x5 processed as well if you know where, but hey why so ego centric? Just because some of us can use Google and find film–you can't fine, but that is an issue with you and your proximity not the medium of film per se.

You seem to be a very abusive person Danijel if you talk to people like this face to face you find it doesn't open many doors!

I'll leave you with your own thoughts:

For some of us it still is-try to be a little more friendly

"When a digital camera nails a picture especially well, with subtle, delicate yet rich colors and subtle highlight transitions, and people say it looks 'almost film-like', let's all remember what that tells us about the real thing - how absolutely great it was before we abandoned it for the sake of a silicon substitute, and started treating it like a trash-art medium. Here is some of my best work on film.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow