Underwater housing for RX100

Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sparrowe
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Re: Housing works really well/Thanks!
In reply to Chuck Holst, Apr 16, 2013

A word of thanks to all who have posted in this thread - especially in the detective work leading to the discovery of the Meikon housing!

While sail/kayaking (Hobie Tandem Island) Sunday I reached into my pocket for my Olympus TG-1; pulling it up to eye level I saw H2O shooshing around in the screen (damn!). The access door to the ports was hanging open - as careful as I am, it looks like I didn't lock it shut. So, camera replacement time. I weighed getting a TG-2, but the image quality isn't all that great - and it is worse on the less expensive 'waterproof' cameras. I've wanted the RX-100 since it was introduced, but I have to have a fully waterproof option for sailing, kayaking and snorkeling - ideally one that floats. The Dicapac just didn't look like the right solution, but at around $200 the Meikon fits the bill.

Had I not found this thread I likely would have convinced myself to order an inexpensive 'waterproof' camera. The Meikon makes the RX-100 an option (it is on the way). Plus, my spouse will be happier as I no longer will be grabbing her NEX-5 ... so, again, thanks!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow