Metabones Speed Booster for Pentax K lenses?

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ari Aikomus
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,012
Like?
Re: Nikon speedbooster
In reply to Tom Caldwell, Apr 16, 2013

Tom Caldwell wrote:

KentG wrote:

You are missing the entire point of the adapter. There are less Pentax users on the planet than Canon and Nikon by a large margin. Its not the number of lenses available but the number of users available to buy it. They probably did a demographic study pinpointing how many NEX users had both a NEX and a DSLR system and which one. Also what kind of lenses NEX owners would like to be able to mount. And I am betting that in Europe Contax, Zeiss and Alpa were on the radar due the the high overall quality of their lenses (I was an Alpa shooter once upon a time).

They are not looking to sell these to people who would go out and buy a certain brand of lens to mount, but instead to people who already have the brand of lens they want to mount.

Kent Gittings

Kent for my "two bob" I still think that the aperture lever out the back is a problem.  Also the Canon EF version actually "talks" to the Sony NEX body.  Perhaps it might be possible to fiddle with a MF PK mount but an autofocus PK lens might be in the hands of the firmware boffins to sort out.

(no relation)

C/Y lenses also have same kind of lever than Pentax K lenses, but C/Y->NEX speedbooster adapter exist.

I don't know how hard it is to make the Penatx K AF version, but the a dumb version would not be difficult at all. And it would be cheaper, such as C/Y-> NEX version - 400$

http://www.metabones.com/buy-speed-booster/contax-yashica-lens-to-sony-nex-speed-booster-detail

Ari

-- hide signature --

http://koti.mbnet.fi/tidis/AAikomus.jpg
- Ari Aikomus -
'Why should I feel lonely ? is not our planet in the Milky way?'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow