Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
tesilab
Senior MemberPosts: 1,990Gear list
Like?
Re: Photos and followup comments
In reply to GTItraveler, Apr 16, 2013

GTItraveler wrote:

tesilab: a few questions:

1. How is the weight with this grip? How much overall weight does it add to the camera?

Their description says 75 grams.

2. How is the balance holding the camera?

Very good. And the finish is superb, though mine came with a small (finished!) dent.

3. Will the camera stand up without falling over when sitting on a table? It looks like grip base and tripod mount are at even level.

TIA

Bruce

Yes. It is a very beautiful design. It stands beautifully on a table. The base is also flush front and back with the camera, they can do this since the arca type bevels are transverse, rather than front/back. This led to a concern that, depending on the head, it might be inconvenient to mount/unmount. It works perfectly with the head on my Sirui tripod, which I highly recommend. They look like they were made for each other.

It is a little odd that the grip base does not extend the full width of the camera, but it's a pretty minor quibble.

tesilab's gear list:tesilab's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow