Why the disappointment by some with the x100s? (I am thinking of getting one and why)

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
joe talks photography
Regular MemberPosts: 247Gear list
Like?
Why the disappointment by some with the x100s? (I am thinking of getting one and why)
Apr 16, 2013

I come to this forum and I see some posts here and there about the x100s not meeting expectations (paraphrased). I had read Steve Huff's review and his comment that he for some reason preferred the x100 output. I had been forming an opinion in favor of getting the new model for all of the enhancements in performance to go along with greater resolution potential of the 16mp.

For those who have used the x100 and either have the new one are are going to get it, please share your thoughts on the concerns expressed by those disappointed by the x100s. Has the negativity caused a change of mind regarding purchase?

While waiting on the x100s I purchased an Nex 7 and am using with Canon FD 24 2.8 SSC and the two Sigmas (19,30). I speculate that the Fuji lens is of better optical quality, and of course, it is faster than the three I have. I am considering selling the 7 kit to get the Fuji. My last Fuji was the S5 Pro...what a great camera that was for dynamic range, but I digress.

Would you recommend the X100s over the 7?

-- hide signature --

Joe

Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow