Focus motors: In-body vs in-lens

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
slimandy
Forum ProPosts: 14,659Gear list
Like?
Re: Focus motors: In-body vs in-lens
In reply to Dirk W, Apr 16, 2013

Dirk W wrote:

I had broken motors in two 18-135s, I read here on this forum about a number of broken motors in AF-S 300f4s

The 300mm f4 AFS is another lens I have owned for many years with no problem. I don't think there is another lens in that range that would suit me better. Lovely IQ, very decent close-focus ability and it has a useful aperture ring. It's another example of a lens that has paid me back over the years and I'm glad I bought it. If it broke I'd have it fixed.

and found some links with weirdly behaving AF-S motors on youtube. I don't like that at all, I prefer owning good lenses that simply work with many generations of camera bodies without defects.

Me too. So far that's what I got. Must have had it 10 years.

I think the problem is you see a case highlighted because it went wrong but the many many users who don't have a problem are not likely to start a post saying 'my lens works as it should even afer 'x' years'. Your view gets warped by the minority because the majority have no need to speak out.

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

slimandy's gear list:slimandy's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow