Panasonic GH3 review published

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,024Gear list
Like?
A good review with sligghtly dissapointing outcome
In reply to Richard Butler, Apr 16, 2013

Very thorough, nice to have Andrew do the video test.

I think, even though the endresult is a Gold Award, to most there will be two and may be more points that really witholds them from buying this cam:

1) The EVF now has a confirmation of being a break point. Glasses are one problem, the dfferent in colours are aanother (and a big let down to me). The huge advantage of an EVF in this perspective is lost (WYSWYG).

2) Still IQ, all together, seems behind OMD. It is a personal thing though.

3) The size if stills is your main thing.

4) It is stateof the art in video, soso stills (compared to similar priced cams). Still quality is good, but 9 months too late in my view. Now it has to deal with D7100 etc and there is a clear difference and it is now on par with the OMD that is now a year here...

What I don't think is a valid point in this review is the comparison with the Blackmagic cam. AFAIK we only now how well it does on paper, we only know a price and we also know that it will take 3 months before it will become available. In my view, the comparison has no place in this review.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow