how does the 16-50 PZ lens compare to the 18-55 kit lens on the NEX 5N specifically?

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ijustloveshooting
Senior MemberPosts: 1,830Gear list
Like?
Re: how does the 16-50 PZ lens compare to the 18-55 kit lens on the NEX 5N specifically?
In reply to RezaTravilla, Apr 16, 2013

RezaTravilla wrote:

ijustloveshooting wrote:

i had both lenses on my nex5n...18-55 is sharper generally, espescially at F6.3 which is the biggest ap. on both lenses, 18-55 is sharper....also, at tele end, bokeh of 18-55 is much better, let's say, with 18-55mm, your object is better isolated from background...

i also had problems with 16-50mm on nex5N despite i updated the fw issued for this lens..however, at smaller apertures, as far as i remember F11 and smaller aps, lens simply refuses focusing,,,...but portability of  16-50mm is great.

i'm intend to change my kit lens 18-55mm to PZ 16-50mm. May i know in what condition the lens were refused focusing?

Yes i like the portability. For sharper or not i think it's slight different and it will be okay for me.

in any lighting condition,,,bright day light...it doesnt matter, if you are above F11 (i hope i remember correctly), it simply refuses to focus on distant subjects....it used to focus on subject a few meters away from me but , when i try to focus on 20-30meters away, it doesnt.it can be a problem for landscape ...

ijustloveshooting's gear list:ijustloveshooting's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Fujifilm X-A1 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow