About to Buy -- What do you think ?

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
bugzie
Senior MemberPosts: 1,528
Like?
Re: Takes a licking and keeps on ticking
In reply to 123Mike, Apr 16, 2013

Mike, if a person posts a "What camera should I buy?" post, then it's time to say "What about a Sony?" Not a list of features straight off the glossy brochure but some real-life reasons why you particularly like about your Sony and how it's contributed to your development as a photographer. What features you've found you've used and you've found useful. You've brought up a few points in your discussions… no mirror slap. Faster fps. You get an EVF while you also keep the faster-focusing phase detection with Sony's SLT technology. And this means… in real world shooting… in your experience… what? You want to argue the technical merits of your list of features with me. I didn't say my iPhone 5 was better than your Sony. I said it had that in-camera panorama stitching feature and it was dinky. What I was getting at is some of these features might not impress some people. There's no point singing the praises of the video frame rates if I'm not interested in video. The point of helping people is finding out what they need and what they want. They don't want a sales pitch. And people have pointed out to you that the fps is good but the focus tracking isn't up to scratch. No point having 10fps if most of them aren't in focus! They're saying don't look at the raw on-paper specs. How good is the focus tracking and how good is the buffer? And that's not attacking your camera or you. If you're into sports photography, this camera might not be a good choice. And you should listen to this stuff. You might learn something. Have you tried any action shots?

You've come along here totally sold on your camera. And you want to proselytise it at any opportunity. You want to destroy the Canikon hegemony. And everybody groans… here comes the Sony fanboy. Doesn't matter what the OP says, he's going to pimp his Sony. There's nothing wrong with pointing out the advantages and unique features of your Sony but when people point out the shortcomings, don't over-react. Especially when you have no actual experience with some of the features. Because what this forum is about is not arguing which camera is best but giving folks good advice based on personal experience.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow