The price of the SD1M is still way too high!

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
SigmaChrome
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,997Gear list
Like?
Re: For Alf to consider
In reply to DaSigmaGuy, Apr 16, 2013

DaSigmaGuy wrote:

No, they would not even consider an SD1/SD1M at all, no matter what mount it had...They would simply get a D800 or D800E instead, both of which out resolve the SD1M and have a performance and feature set that makes the SD1M look extremely primitive, slow and basic.

The D800 is currently only about £100 more than the SD1M...Even with the lower per pixel quality of Bayer sensors, if I could afford that sort of money I know which one I would go for, and it wouldn't be the SD1M...I would have to be a complete idiot to throw my money away on an overpriced SD1M because I have learned from my previous mistakes...I splashed out over £1000 on my SD10 and about £800 on my SD14, when there were far better cameras out there for the same or even less money.  If the SD1M was half its current price, I might consider getting one, but that will only happen when Sigma release their next hugely overpriced DSLR and they have to have yet another a firesale to clear their unsold stock of SD1M's.

So this entire exercise is about self-flagellation. You reckon you bought into the wrong camera system and now you're going to dis everyone else as being as stupid as you think you were. You're not making any sense, Alf.

Go buy another system and stop bothering us Sigmaphiles.

-- hide signature --
 SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD14 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow