Some advice needed

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,877Gear list
Like?
Re: The Envelope Please...And the Winner IS...
In reply to GeraldW, Apr 16, 2013

Hi Jerry,

I was considering the G15 and then the LX7 dropped to $289.  I couldn't pass it up!  Its quite the little camera but even using izoom 180mm equivalent is not enough for taking pictures of the birds and other animals.  The long shots so my FZ200 will be used for that.  The LX7 I am very happy with and i bet that G15 is a fine camera.  My wife will use our older SD800is and keep it in her purse.  It still takes nice pictures for a tiny point and shoot.

I LX7 takes really good low light video...very happy with the lens on this camera!

Its really too bad the FZ200 isn't more consistent just pointing and shooting.  Sometimes it does a great job but sometimes its pretty annoying.  As far as consistency I still think your settings are the best if you just want to point and shoot with one setting not thinking about exposure all the time.

Ron

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 7D Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow