Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,442
Like?
Re: I want to disagree, but couldn't. DSLR still rein in term of performance/price
In reply to peevee1, Apr 16, 2013

peevee1 wrote:

it run circles over Panasonic GH3 or Olympus e-M5 in every performance category but the video.

It is about 1 year newer than OM-D. And yet it has only fixed screen,

fixed screen is a design by choice, some people love it some people do not want it. D4, D3s, D3x, 1Ds3, M9 are 6k+ machines and none have flexi screen, does it mean they are in the samce class as OMD?

its CDAF for precise autofocus or face detection is pathetically slow,

You buy SLR for PDAF, right? how fast is OMD's PDAF?

its maximum framerate is only 6 fps vs 9 fps,

Which makes practically zero difference. I have never seen one person saw he was missing shots because he was limited by 6 FPS. in fact anything over 4 FPS is plenty.

its JPEGs look pathetic compared to Olympus,

No it doesnt.

especially splashing yellow-green junk everywhere at high ISO, and there is no convenient way to adjust contrast curve and preview the result (compare to the two-wheel adjustment of the OM-D), and it has only 16:9 and 3:2 crops, so no 4:3 or 1:1, so in portrait orientation, here comes the cropping, for every shot (as the formats are unusable vertically on modern media). And it is more expensive, bigger and much heavier, you would think they could have fitted MORE features/technology, not less.

These features are mostly software and can be done easily in post. what matters more is the ability to capture better result in the first place. 007peter was correct in saying D7100 is miles ahead of OMD in that.

Nikon also a very mature flash system.  Micro43's native flash leave much to be desire.

Please elaborate.

I mean, Really?

Canon / Nikon has every lens under the sun covering every need

And where is a Canon/Nikon reasonably sized/priced APS-C tele zoom with f/2.8 aperture? Which would be what, 50-150 or so?

Why? I have never seen anyone complaining why 7-200 F2.8 is not ideal.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow