D7100 owners having to INCREASE shutter speeds to avoid softness?

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
yray
Contributing MemberPosts: 896
Like?
Re: D7100 owners having to INCREASE shutter speeds to avoid softness?
In reply to mistermejia, Apr 16, 2013

mistermejia wrote:

I am honestly starting to "imagine" that a 16MP or lower size sensor is BEST for shooting under normal conditions and for what most people use a camera for, just for fun, and mostly without a tripod.  In another words, this cameras are just not for everybody, no?  With the D7000 it was said to double the shutter speeds, should it be "trippled" with a 24MP sensor??

There is also the issue of mirror slap creating vibrations to which some cameras are more susceptible than others. I absolutely believe that D7000 is prone to this issue, and some noted the same with the D800. I wouldn't be surprised if this may cause occasional blur with D7100 too. The workaround to alleviate this problem seems to be to use "quiet" mode when shooting at relatively low shutter speeds.

As for your other point, I would agree that for people who prefer not to carry a tripod or at least a monopod around, 12MP is probably enough for most occasions.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow