Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 3,243Gear list
Like?
Re: About to Buy -- What do you think ?
In reply to Bjorn_L, Apr 15, 2013

Bjorn_L wrote:

Limburger wrote:

The widest I got is the 15-85 (24-136 eq) I think that will do as walkaround for Paris.

You will probably wish for wider.  Based on my experience.  I never owned the Canon 15-85 as it came out after I was on Nikon.  But I owned the Nikon 16-85 which is just as wide (sensor size differences) and I found it a wonderful 1-lens walk about.  But once I started using a wider lens I was really struck by how much more of the feeling of a place I could get by going wider.  The lens I liked most on APS-C was the Tokina 11-16.  Consider renting if you are unconvinced.

I have read that before, people were a bit detached with the photo's because they have seen/experienced differently (wider views).

I visited your country too, Trondheim with it's bicycle elevator and Nidarosdomen and of course the fjords, great vistas!

I live on the west cost not too terribly far from there.  I live in between Trondheim and Bergen. However I will soon be moving to a different west coast.  I will soon in the Pacific NW.

That is what I call moving!

Good luck over there.

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow