Feedback requested. Warning: pictures of kids.

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
madmaxmedia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,522
Like?
Re: Feedback requested. Warning: pictures of kids.
In reply to JoeNapa, Apr 15, 2013

I liked 3,4,5. I think you took some nice candids, and Tedolf was evaluating them more formally as photographs (which is fine.) It's good that you took his criticisms constructively. Some of his comments were valid, though I don't know why you would want her feet in focus in #4.

For #3, if you desired both kids in focus then you could obviously shift your position so they are both in focal plane, and still have shot wide open. But sometimes you see a moment and have to snap quick, especially with kids. For sentimental reasons many of my favorites may ultimately not be compositionally great photos, but no matter. When you shoot candids of your family, sometimes you may want to work at it more, other times you just want to have your camera at your side while you're playing with the kids, etc. and catch things while they're happening.

I like the low perspective of #5, the cut-off adult does not detract at all for me (probably because I think the little car she's in is pretty cool too!)

Many have posted worse photos (in all respects) in these forums, this one has generated a lot of replies back and forth but ultimately I think that's been a good thing.

I didn't really get the last pic of the house- if you wanted the house then you could move in and get the power lines out of the way. Or if you wanted the street view and the tree, I think there's a better angle. But yeah using wide angle lenses can be tough- I think they require more footwork to get the right perspective since they capture so much.

Cheers!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow