D7100 owners having to INCREASE shutter speeds to avoid softness?

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,777Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 owners having to INCREASE shutter speeds to avoid softness?
In reply to ahuyevshi, Apr 15, 2013

ahuyevshi wrote:

scokill wrote:

So you are broke and not really truly in the market for a camera and you are posting all these questions?  Is this some form of entertainment, or are you like a "doomsday prepper" except a camera "purchase prepper"?

LOL... Love it!!!

Although, I might agree with him, not having a D7000 to test, I did notice I had many blurry issues with the D7100 than I have with any other body I've had. 1/250 should be enough to get a nice sharp shot of a relatively steady subject with the 16-85 but it wasn't.

I have only had the body for a few days but been fairly annoyed with softness & grain found in most of the RAW shots I've taken even after heavy processing.

Oh believe me, i am in the market alright, as soon as my pockets ger refilled

I will assume you have read everybody's tips.  Is hard to say, it could possibly be an AF untuned camera, or plain improper technique, and yes 1/250 might just be too slow in some situations.  I don't know what you have done.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow