Panny 20mm - filter, collapsible hood, both or neither!

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Al Bond
Regular MemberPosts: 445
Like?
Panny 20mm - filter, collapsible hood, both or neither!
Apr 15, 2013

I have just bought the Panny 20mm to go with my EPL1 as a take anywhere camera.  I want to keep the combo slim but, as the front element is quite prominent, I think I will need something to protect it: if I am taking the camera in and out of my pocket, the lens cap could easiily come off.   The 20mm is just too expensive to risk damaging the front element!

(I don't want to start another filter/no filter war - I don't use a filter on my 14-45 lens on my G5 as the lens hood is always on and protects the front element well enough.)

So I will probably get a Hoya slim filter but I was wondering getting a collapsible rubber lens hood as well, less for protection but more to prevent flare.  (A fixed hood would give the protection I want but would add too much depth.)

Does anyone else use a collapsible hood on the Panny 20 and, if do, you use a filter as well?  I'll be interested to hear anyone's thoughts or experiences on this.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow