ConanLloyd
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
Re: Watt/seconds for Infinite white
In reply to rfactor, Apr 15, 2013

rfactor wrote:

ConanLloyd wrote:

Hey there!

I am setting up a temporary home studio to do infinite white shots with.  I already have my Calumet backdrop stand and a roll of 53" Arctic white, now I need to get strobes.

I have read, read, and re-read Zack Arias' awesome Infinite White tutorial and want to get started.  My only problem is budget.  While i would love to go for the Elinchrome or Alienbee strobes, I can't until next tax return or until "the hobby becomes somewhat self sufficient" according to the boss.  I figured in the mean time I can part with $2-300 for a beginner kit and wanted to know the minimum W/s I would need to get decent infinite white in a small space? (12' X 20')  Would 2 lights at 100W/s do it?

Any help?

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Conan D. Lloyd
http://conanlloydphotography.com/

Hi, I am in the same situation as you.  Glad to see you are making some headway.  It is so hard to feel confident about this purchase with everyone always saying go big or go home.  Glad to see you are getting somewhere!  Please let us know what you end up purchasing and how they work out!

-- hide signature --

-Ryan-
FZ200

I agree whole heartedly with Sailor's advice, I just can't spend the money right now.  For my purposes, it's better to sacrifice $100 - $200 and upgrade later than it is to wait until I can spend the $400 - $800 for the good stuff.  I placed the order and will review when I get them.  I have a friend coming over on Saturday for a pregnancy shoot as long as everything comes in.  Will post pics as soon as I can.

-- hide signature --
 ConanLloyd's gear list:ConanLloyd's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Canon Pixma Pro-100 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow