Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
wymjym
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,311
Like?
Re: Fuji X-S1, HS50EXR & Panasonic FZ200 Comparison
In reply to jcmarfilph, Apr 15, 2013

jcmarfilph wrote:

wymjym wrote:

jcmarfilph wrote: Handholding 1000mm EFL is not easy for those with shaky and old hands.

learn something new every time you press the shutter

-- hide signature --

-=[ Joms ]=-

Okay Joms,

My social comment for the day.

The first part of the quote is true (shaky) the second one is an ageist remark.

If I had Parkinson’s disease or other…I wouldn’t need to be ‘old’ but I would have shaky hands, this might or might not be enough to cause me to give up my photography hobby..I would work around it if it was my business.

I’m in my early 60’s, my hands aren’t shaky but they aren’t as surgeon steady as they were when in my 20s~30s.

I take no personal offense to your rather naive slam against people that can’t get sharp/motion free images…but you might want to consider how it would sound to say a loved one of yours. Who might be older, have shaky hands and was somewhat embarrassed by that fact.

There certainly are some rather arrogant, egotistical individuals on this and other forums that always end up slamming the people rather than trying to explain or help.

I know of quite a few doctors that have -0- zero bed side manners and that fact alone is enough for me to show them far less respect than they ‘might’ deserve for their abilities.

If you aren’t planning on getting older….continue without any more thought about it, if you are going to stick around to watch your daughter grow up..maybe you should take a moment to think that what you write is here for the world to read, interpret, misinterpret , quote, quote out of text…even an attitude that might be picked up by ‘family’ members…(hint-hint) you get the gist, right?

wj

-- hide signature --

nikonfujicanonandricoh

Come on WJ, it is just a way of saying to those who cannot hold their camera steady. Do not take it seriously. I did not mean to insult those with literally "old hands". I will have old hands too few years from now so sorry if I have offended you indirectly.

-=[ Joms ]=-

yes it is a way,   just as...you have cancer and will die in three weeks or...we found an untreatable ailment and you should put your affairs in order....

I'm not offended but I'm certain you did offend someone

btw...I used to run competitively....Boston Marathon has explosions....and injured people, what is that about!!!!

wj

wj

-- hide signature --

nikonfujicanonandricoh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow