Why are so many photographers going out of business?

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
siddh4rth
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Re: Why are so many photographers going out of business?
In reply to deleted080512, Apr 15, 2013

Interesting thread...

What i feel is

1. Internet and Social Media has opened a new market, Social Media is a huge craze, Facebook has now launched its own home launcher for android. Everyone is on fACEBOOK or Instagram. Everyone wants to visible on Fb/instgram/pinterest/twitter etc. I have seen and known a few photographers who have made a living out of shooting events and weddings only for social media purposes. New Clubs/resturants etcs all hire photographers only to publish to facebook albums.

2. Differentiation !! Professional Photographers need to differentiate themselves from amatuer shutterbugs. This is 100 dependent on the quality of output. Weddings Photographers here in India provide a whole Camera UNIT for the job. This includes two or three photographers and multiple lights. The photos are then packaged in excellent quality albums of various sizes etc. Larger prints can be ordered. The Cost of printing is less but the frames and the variety is huge, cost more.

The point is , pro photographers need to differentiate themselves from amatuer. Come on a photo from a smartphone and FF DSLR can not be compared.

Differentiation can be in qualtiy of photos, framing, the whole package etc. In short make it sweet for the customer.

3. Evolution ! I feel in every professional one needs to evolve to survive, one needs to move with the times.

Social media is en vogue at the moment, embrace itand channelise your business through it. Internet is here to stay

siddh4rth's gear list:siddh4rth's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow