Which 27'' screen to buy

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Fastfwd01
Regular MemberPosts: 301Gear list
Like?
Re: Which 27'' screen to buy
In reply to Bouddha, Apr 15, 2013

I’ve been eyeing an IPS screen since stepping up to my Canon G1X last year and paying more attention to bit depth of the RAW files, etc.  I was originally checking out 24/23” screens and noticed this new Asus display out:

https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/MX279H/

Any word on this one?  I see the big hit on it is that it’s 1080p, but for the price that seems pretty standard – unless you are looking to spend over $500.

It’s AH-IPS, which I gather is a newer incarnation of IPS.  Not sure what makes it special really.  Frankly, I’m not as well informed as I should be before buying probably.  I’m guessing that I’m not going to see ‘high end’ features on the budget offerings anyway really – which would be all that I am in the market for.

Does a 27” 1080 just look dumb?  Not really fitting ‘more’ on it, but just big giant everything?  Like if I’m running Premiere; I’m not really going to gain more space for the timeline vertically to see more videos/audio, etc.?

Fastfwd01's gear list:Fastfwd01's gear list
Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow