Before I take the plunge and purchase a Nikon D800e. Any thoughts on the rumored

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,457Gear list
Like?
Re: Before I take the plunge and purchase a Nikon D800e. Any thoughts on the rumored
In reply to Matt Cant Photography, Apr 15, 2013

Matt Cant Photography wrote:

anyone see much difference in the 800 compared with the 800e

You've got to do a good amount of work to extract every ounce of resolution out of a D800. If you plan to shoot landscapes carefully and print very large, you might see a small advantage with the E, but you'd never KNOW it unless you had a regular D800 shooting next to it and even then you'd pixel peep your eyes out to see it.

Owners of the E will make all kinds of claims, but the dust has settled and most now know that the differences are very small. But what is NOT small are the issues I see from the E when shooting video. Some will say it's not a big deal, but if you plan to do any serious video/filmaking with a D800, skip the E version. It creates significantly worse moire and edge artifacts. I've seen it first-hand.

I'm NOT shooting much video, so either camera would work for me. But I see no reason to donate extra funds to Nikon for the E, which is not a "better" product by any means.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow