How do you set 1/180 on Fuji X-E1??

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
deednets
deednets OP Veteran Member • Posts: 4,572
Re: I do not understand your way of thinking.... ; - )

KariP wrote:

This is your way of thinking that causes this "problem" - IMO

The japanese engineers have in some way tested and adjusted the camera - and they have tested that the 1/180 works.  And probably you too can get that speed in Av mode - the camera uses smaller steps in Av than in M. Not sure if it gets 1/180  - test it by adjusting the amount of light.

I'm sure they have a photographer in their team in Japan  who has told them what is fill in flash.

Fastest available speed with flash sync is 1/160 - so that there is a safe headroom to the tested speed 1/180.

Perhaps because the japanese engineers want to be on the safe side - this way sync works always .

Just use 1/160 because that is the only possibility given to you. They should adjust the manual and this problem just does not exist after replacing 1/180 with new numbers  -  1/160.

;- )

-- hide signature --

Kari
SLR photography started in 1968, Canon DSLR cameras, lenses and now also a Fuji X-E1
60.21 N 24.86 E

Are you trying to wind me up?? If a camera states that the shortest shutter speed that flashes can be synched with is 1/180sc and you cannot actually set this speed, then it is a matter of me not understanding?

A camera function a matter of personal opinion and interpretation??

Good grief ... now I get it, all my personal fault! In Japanese the camera does other things than in English or Norwegian?? In Japanese 1/180 works but in English it doesn't?? Or do you mean you read the Japanese manual states different values and the 1/180 is an invention of the English manual? Then I would understand! So my original question utterly pointless because I should have read the Japanese manual??

Thanks for the lecture!

Deed

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow