D7100 owners having to INCREASE shutter speeds to avoid softness?

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
six34sigma
Contributing MemberPosts: 957Gear list
Like?
Not me - D7100 owners having to INCREASE shutter speeds to avoid softness?
In reply to mistermejia, Apr 15, 2013

Not noticing this one whit. The D7100 is performing admirably with my lenses 16-85 3.5-5.6G/85 1.8G/80-200 2.8D/11-16 2.8. The only lens I have not taken time to micro adjust is my 50 1.5D. Probably going to ditch it anyway and get a 60 2.8G. Suppose one might argue that I have good glass, but its average at best.

Took a picture of my son coming down a slide, no issue. Took pictures of the Detroit skyline from Windsor, no issue, the dog ..... In fact people shots, kids (from a birthday party my son attended) and people in particular are turning out quite nicely. In general try to keep ISO low, aperture as appropriate depending on what effect I am trying to achieve and shutter speed as high as possible. Imagine many others try to do the same thing.

My shots are fine and better than my D90 in terms of IQ, but have not gone rummaging around looking at 100% or 200% views. I am going to take a shot from the above mentioned birthday party which I took with my 85 1.8G that I thought was nice of a mom and son and print at 20x30 just to see if there are issues. My opinion based on what I can see on my monitor is the shot will print extremely well.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Sanjay

six34sigma's gear list:six34sigma's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow