Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
springbock
Senior MemberPosts: 2,252
Like?
Re: 7D Mirror Shake - w/70-200 f/2.8 - Advice on brace, please
In reply to Zee Char, Apr 15, 2013

Zee Char wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

I havent read every post here so forgive me if this has already been suggested but I think this is exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.manfrotto.com/telephoto-lens-support

Tom

Edit: Ooops too late I see you've already purchased your rig, never mind.

-- hide signature --

'The truth is rarely pure and never simple' Oscar Wilde

Tom, thanks. I tried one this weekend and am ordering one too my real important issue was the tripod and head. I'm half way there. Thank you.

My two cents. That looks like it is designed for a system that has no lens collar. Besides I would not be that comfortable with a strap pulling down on the lens which creates pressure at the mount for both the lens and the body. You technically should no even handle your gear via the body only when a heavy lens like that is attached.

You have a very good rig there now, why not try that first?  I have never had any issues with my tripod but of course that is up to you. Just must be sure not to put a lot of pressure on that strap. My guess is the instructions probably say that.

There is a V shaped support under the lens so it's not pulling down on it. The strap just holds it in place so it doesn't slide sideways. You can move the support forwards and backwards to findĀ itsĀ optimal position. but you are right you can't use it with a tripod collar.

-- hide signature --

'The truth is rarely pure and never simple' Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow