Before I take the plunge and purchase a Nikon D800e. Any thoughts on the rumored

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,664
Like?
Re: Before I take the plunge and purchase a Nikon D800e. Any thoughts on the rumored
In reply to AZBlue, Apr 15, 2013

AZBlue wrote:

If we do see a successor to the D3X in the form of a D4X, it will likely be at most 24 MP or 36 MP. Nikon has a track record of releasing its high MP sensors in lower cost bodies in the beginning, possibly to work out the bugs at the expense of early adopters before refining the same technology for use in their pro line.

The D2x was the first 12 MP Nikon making it the highest res Nikon when released.

The D3x was the first 24 MP Nikon making it the highest MP Nikon when it was released.

The D800 broke that pattern. Whether it is a new trend, or a fluke is hard to say.

What we have seen is that the pixel pitch on DX sensors sometimes predicts the pixel pitch on high MP FX sensors.

I think the odds are good that the D4x will be 54 MP.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow