Before I take the plunge and purchase a Nikon D800e. Any thoughts on the rumored

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
pluton
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028
Like?
Re: Before I take the plunge and purchase a Nikon D800e. Any thoughts on the rumored
In reply to Matt Cant Photography, Apr 15, 2013

First I got an E, then a "regular" 800. Never done an actual A/B test, but have shot the same repeating subjects with the same repeating lenses many times over several months.  The reason I haven't done an A/B test is that so little difference exists between the two;  whereas on the 27" monitor in Lightroom, I can instantly see the difference between one of the D800s and my old D3.

My conclusions so far:

For the casual/fun/hobby/content-oriented pro user(PJ, etc), there is no difference, or, more correctly, no improvement with the E.

For those that know they're going to make extreme crops/giant prints/pretend large format, there might be an advantage to the E.

If I was going buy a third body, I'd get the 800.

I hope the supposed D4X actually turns out to be 36MP and not 54MP, since that would make it cheaper than the rumored 50+ MP D4X.  I'd sure like to ditch the 800s and their funky viewfinder optics.

-- hide signature --

-KB-

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow