New Panasonic camera LF1 to be announced in late April

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
jhorse
Senior MemberPosts: 2,141Gear list
Like?
Re: New Panasonic camera LF1 to be announced in late April
In reply to elemenoP, Apr 15, 2013

elemenoP wrote:

LX3-5-7 owners: which would be more important to you, EVF or a bigger sensor? I would want a bigger sensor!!! That's probably the only thing that might make me sell my (brand new!) LX7. Assuming it has the same great lens, of course.

Let's hope for both, since it is a whole new camera line and not an LX9, but if you *did* have to choose, which would you want? Or what other improvement would you want?

eP

I'll play the game! As a LX5 (and LVF1) owner/user and one who thinks the IQ is above average and one who uses it mostly outdoors (in the mountains, on the beach, skiing, hiking, sailing), out on family outings and trotting around cities on business trips, all when I do not want to carry a Nikon D300s kit, the absolute one requirement is a view finder. Sure, I'll take better DR, better low light performance, but I want a view finder built in.  I doubt I will ever buy another camera without a VF. I do not want/need an articulating screen as it adds bulk/weight.

I have not upgraded to the LX7 as the LVF2 is completely overpriced and the IQ enhancement does not warrant the total upgrade price/cost to change.  So, if the rumoured camera has better IQ, remains reasonably portable (say in the Fuji X20 space) and has a built in VF - I'll go for it.

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X20
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow