Did I make a mistake? (Pentax K-5iis vs Nikon D7100)

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,787Gear list
Like?
Well, did you go out and test them BOTH?
In reply to Midwest, Apr 15, 2013

Aidan, did you do that?  I hope so.

Let me just tell you something, without any BS.  I went to my local Samy's Camera store this past weekend and i shot with the D7100 and D7000 and D3200 also.  Frankly i am NOT seeing any difference, simple as that.  Nikon has definitely put a PRO AF system in the new body and i think this is the main strength of this body, don't get me wrong, the IQ is very good, but is just as good as a D7000.

In fact, i think i do notice some blurryness from the 24MP sensor, and that might just be indicating to me that any 24MP camera is DEMANDING more technique from you and you will HAVE to freeze of hold the camera super steady in order for you to get nice sharp photos, either that or getting top notch lenses that match the capability of these cameras.  That to me is kind of ironic, and i am starting to think that a 16MP camera is THE BEST MP size for shooting lots of keepers.  Hey, i am even thinking of getting a 12MP camera at this point.

I haven't actually had the opportunity to shoot with the K5IIs, but for some reason i would not be surprised if that Pentax is sharper than the D7100, and i might just find out in the end that your K5IIs colors are even nicer.  Next weekend i will go out and do some more homework

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow