Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Re: Figures show mirrorless gaining ground?
In reply to Biggs23, Apr 15, 2013

Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Isn't that my point? Mainstream MILC is a relatively new entrant. I expect a progressive transformation, rather than a magical one. Remember, my Sony NEX-3 may appear "old" given the way technology advances, but it was the first of Sony's APS-C mirror-less cameras and launched only 3 years ago.

I'm not sure, I have trouble deciphering your 'points' most of the time. If your 'point' is that a larger and more ergonomically friendly mirrorless bodies will eventually appear than you're exactly right.

I'm not surprised that you can't comprehend my points. A large part of it has to do with a tunnel vision driven rhetoric that... bigger body = better ergonomics. I don't vouch for it the other way around either, especially when it comes to control. For example, I find NEX-6 to be ergonimically great (EVF is perfectly placed, combination of dials and customizable buttons within finger tips), compared to NEX-3. Likewise, articulating LCD is an asset to ergonomics.

That there are no guarantees, explains why your simplistic ideas don't meet my points.

The 'problem' is that it won't be MILC's evolving but rather dSLR's dropping the mirror for newer technology.

I'm unsure you understand how MILC and DSLR differ. You're simply having trouble acknowledging that a DSLR without a mirror would be a mirror-less camera. Or, would you still call it a DSLR?

So then we won't be arguing mirrorless versus SLR but rather big versus small, in which case the ergonomic argument will be perfectly valid yet again.

That applies today in the mirror-less world.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow