Spoiled by a sensor....(G5 vs GH3 (and GH2))

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
PC Wheeler
Forum ProPosts: 13,995Gear list
Like?
Re: Spoiled by a sensor....(G5 vs GH3 (and GH2))
In reply to Sergey Borachev, Apr 15, 2013

Sergey Borachev wrote:

It is good to hear your experience and I hope it is helpful to those bargain hunters who are still undecided to consider more carefully, especially those who already have a better camera seeking another body or those who are likely to be exposed to better equipment or become more serious in this hobby.

I generally agree, Sergey. OTOH, sometimes the "need" is now, so I picked up a GX1 for $275. Unlike my GH3 I'm willing to stuff it in my carry-on bag with a few smaller lenses (14-45, 20, 9-18) for shorter trips when I do carry on and don't what to rough-house my GH3, 12-35 & 35-100. At that price a fair plan, and the GX1 seems to have better jpeg colors than my recently departed GH2.

With a (volunteer) business trip to San Francisco planned May 1-4, "seemed like a good idea at the time". But it turns out I will detour through the hospital for some heart surgery and miss that particular meeting. Even so, $275 is not a ridiculous sum to invest in making my lens kit usable in more situations. I've been very pleasantly surprised by the GX1, though I'll not use it with my 100-300 lens unless something takes the GH3 out of action.

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow