default setting in menu for af fine tuning?

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,383
Like?
correct
In reply to jwaif, Apr 15, 2013

jwaif wrote:

Check the Nikon User Manual page 270 for the D7100 under List saved values "to choose an identifier that is the same as the last two digits of the lens serial number to distinguish it from other lenses of the same type in light of the fact that Saved value can be used with only one lens of each type".

John

That's correct...it lets the user know which lens he set the fine tune value for if he has more than one copy of the same lens...by renaming the slot in the menu. Like a sticky note. It doesn't change how many unique slots there are or allow the camera body to recognize different samples of the same lens.  You can decide to call slot "1" (which has your 24-120 f4 setting of -4 in it) slot "63" to match the serial number of the lens you fine tuned. When you mount another copy of the 24-120 on...slot "63" will come up and the same -4 will get applied. The "63" lets you know (not the camera) what copy of the 24-120 you fine tuned with.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow