Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Biggs23
Biggs23 MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,497Gear list
Like?
Re: Figures show mirrorless gaining ground?
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Apr 15, 2013

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Take out AF from the equation, DSLRs have NOTHING left over mirrorless.

Besides quality ergonomics, availability of many native and third party accessories, and ubiquity of native lens options, and...

dSLR's have a TON of things left over mirrorless cameras!

I find MANY DSLRs with messy ergonomics but I don't blame presence of mirror (or absence of it) for it. In fact, it has no bearing on the mirror itself. Give me customizable buttons and a few common-sense buttons and knobs that are logically placed, and afford changing them quickly without having to take my eyes off the view finder, and I'm fine.

Read my previous posts, I'm not saying it's the fault of no mirror, I'm saying it's the result of the small size. Someday (Sony is almost there already) a camera maker will make a mirrorless, dSLR size camera that retains the better ergonomics of dSLRs. When that day comes the ergonomic argument will cease to exist. However, that day has not yet arrived. The same can be said for several other things as well.

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview.

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow