Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,343Gear list
Like?
Re: Figures show mirrorless gaining ground?
In reply to Midwest, Apr 15, 2013

Midwest wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Midwest wrote:Faster autofocus will help mirrorless sales, I don't doubt it, but I don't believe that most of the  DSLR user base is looking for some way rid themselves of that mirror. For most of us it doesn't seem to be a problem. Those who like and want a mirrorless camera are welcome to one of course.

Take out AF from the equation, DSLRs have NOTHING left over mirrorless.

I can't use a jerky, smeary or laggy EVF when shooting action, and that is entirely a different issue than autofocus.

To repeat what I'd told you earlier: I'm glad to not have to deal with the issues that you must. There is no going back to the 1990s for me.

In the past when I've been in discussions of that, the EVF proponents showed photos where something was happening IN the shot - someone batting a ball or a dog running toward the camera - as an example that an EVF can shoot 'action'.

And I do that all the time. In fact, I was doing just that last weekend (this time, kids running around with kites they just built). In these cases, however, I wasn't using EVF... don't have the luxury of using one on my old little NEX-3. I was using Live View, a 200mm f/2.8 lens, and AF speed to match.

I shoot action where the subject is often moving across my field of view and I have to pan and zoom at the same time to try and keep the subject in the frame and reasonably well composed. Mirrorless can't do that except by sheer luck.

In the right hands, it is a non-issue.

I don't want a smaller camera, I don't have any problems with the mirror, I like my viewfinder just the way it is. Those who want mirrorless are more than welcome to them.

And that is fine. Many of us feel the opposite. And it is only a matter of time for mirror-less AF speed with larger sensor  to catch up with mirror-based system.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow