About to Buy -- What do you think ?

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 13,133Gear list
Like?
More?
In reply to 123Mike, Apr 15, 2013

I won't try to point out that much of what you've detailed is on other cameras as well, but let me instead point out some of the beautiful mornings available if you're willing to get up early enough to see them. The Florida wetlands are more and more being protected as we realize the needed addition to our wildlife preservation efforts.

After World War II, Florida wanted to increase both its truck farming and its cattle business. Already it was the second largest cattle state after Texas, but they wanted more land. More than a million acres of Florida wetlands were drained with long canals such as in this scene where they did so though many ranches into rivers like the Peace River and the Myakka River. Today, through wetland programs much of this land is being converted back to natural wetlands by selling wetland mitigation credits to developers. Less and less water is flowing through these projects especially during the Spring dry period. In the Summer, this canal will deepen many feet with fast flowing water and silt into the Myakka River system.

Do you enjoy gettin up early to get the kinds of shots you also visualize? It can be rewarding with the sun just beginning to rise in the east. The birds are chirping and other wildlife is just beginning to move around. It's truly magical.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow