Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 4,177Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony provides so much more!
In reply to 123Mike, Apr 15, 2013

123Mike wrote:

Limburger wrote:

Nobody is attacking you but you more or less started this yourself.

On top of that making a comment on a lens you don't even know what it is and does doesn't raise your credibility either.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

LIAR ! People are attacking left and right here! The hostility started the moment I pointed out features that the other don't have.

Well, first I am not and second you fail to see that your attitude is making a laughing stock out of yourself as you may have found out by now.

I started by providing a simple starter kit as a suggestion to a new comer. I pointed out you get a lot of extras. I was then asked "like what", which was almost like playing the stupid card. I answered by providing a big list of features. The response was ridiculing. Cherry picking a single item to make fun of, while ignoring all the other items. Then someone plays the lens card, as if it is some sort unbeatable item. I pointed out plenty of comparable solutions. This was dismissed.

The suggestion itself was nothing wrong with, but there is much more than Sony and a camera body's in general.

People buy a system and not just a body, that's why the lens selection became a point of discussion.

The insults from you people just go on and on. And people have the gaul to call *ME* childish... the entire set of responses are just absurd. Then someone giving me a story how *I* am being unreasonable.

I am Mike and not "you people" nor do I believe to have insulted you. I didn't call you childish so I don't understand why you bring this up to me.

What an awful group it is here. Absolutely and entirely AWFUL! Straw man after straw man. There is just NOTHING genuine or honest about of the utter CRAP I'm encountering here. Good luck you all sucking up to each other.

You don't seem to understand that many people are simply not interested in certain features.

Oh, here's that list again, dismiss as you please, as you all always do, without fail:

• 10 fps burst rate, no compromises
  • 12 fps burst rate, cropped
  • Faster AF

Why isn't it recommended to shoot sports if this is such a great plus?

• 1080/60p/30p/24p video
  • Fast continuous AF during video
  • Stereo Mic

Video wasn't mentioned by the OP, but the 60D does this pretty well, the only point may be AF during video. The built in stereo is pretty bad so you need to go external anyways.

• HDR
  • In camera panoramas stitching

If needed you got a thing called software to do this and the files you play with are called RAWs.

• Access to AF lenses from 80s (Minolta mostly)

The lens discussion is pretty obvious, not only the line up is different but the resolution of lenses has become a different game. Some gems of the past are now often mediocre at best.

• Faster AF

Again?

• Live view always available with no compromises

Nice for macro but I never use it.

• Excellent low light abilities

Up to ISO 6400, not that special.

• In camera stabilization

This may be in some cases nice to have.

• Focus peaking

The only truly nice feature this camera has over the 60D!

• Kelvin WB Adjustment

Custom WB isn't that special.

• Lens Correction for CAs, Distortion, Vignetting

60D does that too if you wish.

• 15 Point AF

9 point all cross type

• Wireles Flash Commander

Canon has this from T3i and up.

• High Speed Flash Snyc

Also available on 60D.

• Camera body based stabilization

Again?

• 100%/1.04x EVF

An EVF I can't recommend to anybody but that's a personal thing.

Joink !

What about sooc's of the Sony? Do you believe they are good?

So as for your list, the only true plus for the Sony I find is focus peaking.

But I won't trade that for my Canon 70-200 L.

I got a semi pro camera and if you buy a really expensive Canon they will not even give you a pop up flash,what are they thinking ?

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow