have a canon 55-250 already ... will tamron 18-270 give me BETTER image QUALITY ?

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 13,357Gear list
Like?
Re: have a canon 55-250 already ... will tamron 18-270 give me BETTER image QUALITY ?
In reply to mobi1, Apr 15, 2013

mobi1 wrote:

One of the main reasons for a DSLR is interchangeable lenses.

Not every one is fond of changing lenses (and lugging multiple lenses all the time). So there is nothing wrong with super zoom lens as such.

I bought DSLR because price came down and DSLR sensors are bigger than normal P&S cameras.

When I'm shooting with super zoom, I am aware of the compromise. So it is always a question of convenience over quality.

I agree with that. I think I was saying as much. It is a trade-off of IQ for convenience. My thoughts are why convert a perfectly good DSLR into a $1000 plus point and shoot? If one is concerned about lugging around gear, a good quality compact with a long zoom ratio will often rival the DSLR in the hands of those who treat them in that manner. They can create incredible images. They're less money and much more convenient.

The super ratio zooms like the 18-200 - 18-300 models seem to produce somewhat muddy, low contrast images lacking in critical sharpness. A good photographer might be able to clean that up to a degree, but it seems to me, that's not so convenient to have to do.

Take care.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow