New to Micro Four Thirds

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gompie
Regular MemberPosts: 264Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus software
In reply to Sudo Nimh, Apr 15, 2013

Sudo Nimh wrote:

Your photos are very nice. There's nothing wrong with the post-processing, but I suggest you try RAW development with Olympus Viewer 3, which is a free download. It lets you experiment with the same settings and effects that are available on your camera, so you can learn what they do. It automatically fixes geometric distortions from Olympus lenses. And it exports images with the "Olympus colors" that some people find especially appealing. OV3 is not the most powerful RAW developer, but it is often the first step in my processing.

Thanks for the advice, but I have two Panasonic lenses. The distortion will not be corrected with OV3 I believe. I use PTlens for that. ACR also does a good job with the chromatic abberation correction.

I had a look at OV3. The colors are indeed nice, but I found it terribly slow on my computer system.

For now I think I stick to ACR. The results I get are OK with me.

Maybe I will have a look at Photo Ninja. I read a lot of good stuff about it.

Ruud

Gompie's gear list:Gompie's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow