Started Apr 15, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,793Gear list
Like?
Which adapter for m42 Takumar lenses?
Apr 15, 2013

I have a few old Takumar (super takumar or super-multi-coated takumar) lenses that I'd like to try on my E-M5.  There are a variety of adapter descriptions, such as different inner rings or screws for lens positioning or including "adjustable" in the description.  Many make a point of stating the adapter allows focusing to infinity, which suggests this can be a problem.

I also have a variable close-up ring which just has a simple flange inside that pushes the pin on the back of the lens and no screws, replaceable rings, etc. This makes me wonder why there are so many adapter descriptions.

Which type of adapter do I want?

Is there any reason not to get a cheap generic such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOTGA-Lens-Mount-Adapter-for-M42-Lens-to-Micro-M43-4-3-GH1-G1-GF1-E-P1-EP2-New-/330726582777?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item4d00d729f9 ?

AF obviously won't work and unless I'm missing something, I'll have to manually stop down the lens for metering.

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow