FZ200 at the Farm Shop - 4 pics - and settings (Oh no, not settings . . . )

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hatstand
Senior MemberPosts: 1,003
Like?
Re: FZ200 at the Farm Shop - 4 pics - and settings (Oh no, not settings . . . )
In reply to SirLataxe, Apr 15, 2013

SirLataxe wrote:

Well I always take RAW images (sometimes with a jpeg) as it's actually less bother to develop them than it is jpegs, especially if the image turns out not to be ideal.  I fear you have fallen for the pernicious "RAW is difficult & time-consuming" myth.  Did I mention those presets & profiles ("C" dial settings in disguise)? 

You make a good case. There may indeed be some ancient prejudices at work - I was scarred by RAW back in the days when my old Canon 350D was Hot Stuff... but shooting RAW had serious implications for continuous/burst rates, and card space (cards were not cheap!)

And dealing with the RAW files later using the software of the day, was by no means something I considered easy or convenient.

Things are different now, and yet... old habits die hard. But I suppose I really ought to give it a try.

Airshows are among my "20%" events, and my first airshow of the season is at the end of this month... After that , you will either be vindicated and I will thank you for opening my eyes... or your name will be added to the definition of "dirt" in my dictionary, and I will be forced to trample you under my stallion of I-Was-Righteousness.

I wonder, which will it be?!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow