Any reason to shoot film nowadays?

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
danijel973
Contributing MemberPosts: 644Gear list
Like?
Re: Any reason to shoot film nowadays?
In reply to Leswick, Apr 15, 2013

One of the main reasons why I no longer shoot film is that with film, there are too many variables outside my influence. The film can go bad. The chemicals in the lab can go bad. The lab can do a lousy job. Also, my current film scanner, Epson 4990 flatbed, is not very good for 35mm; the scans are too soft, and scanning through a day's catch is slow and tiresome. With digital, I get "perfect scans", the process of culling is very simple and I can focus on the one or two shots I'll really use. This means that digital frees me from all the non-photographic fuss which I never liked anyway, but unfortunately, the result is that I miss that feeling of working with that perfect slide.

But digital gave me the kind of photographic independence I always dreamed about. A camera and a computer are all I need now. I never have to endure disappointment of looking at the stuff I got from the lab and thinking how they should all get fired for the lousy job they did.

danijel973's gear list:danijel973's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow