HS50EXR - SL1000 - Any other superzoom - Which one to buy ??

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Questions thread
paulsinclair73
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Re: HS50EXR - SL1000 - Any other superzoom - Which one to buy ??
In reply to milind2110, Apr 15, 2013

milind2110 wrote:

Hi, I am a camera enthusiast & own, at present, HS10 and want to buy "all in one, superzoom bridge camera" like HS50EXR or SL1000 or CanonSX50HS but cant decide which one to buy,( I normally depend on the DP Review & specs of the camera)

Need an experts view / suggestions / advice on which one to buy.

Previously, I have owned "Yashica FX3", "Minolta XD-11", "Nikon N-60" & then "Minolta DIMAGE1" & then "HS10"

Looking forward to some valuable suggestions on this please.

Thnx.

Hi, having owned an HS10 since they came out I was tempted by the HS50 a few weeks ago. I've not spent a huge amount of time with it yet, but from what I've seen so far the difference in image quality between the two cameras isn't huge but the shot-to-shot time is incredible.

The only thing that annoyed me about the HS10 was the time it took to write to card- even using the fastest sandisk cards available. I was happy with everything else.

Longer zoom and almost instant writing speeds sold it for me. Even though it is larger than the 10 it is only fractionally so, and it fits in the same lowepro bag I used for the 10 (albeit a little more snuggly).

So it depends what you are looking for that the HS10 doesn't do. Bridge cameras are only going to go so far in image quality (particularly the superzooms), and one could easily get lost in the arguments going around the forum about who's toy is best (really - the difference between them is negligible), but if you like the feel of the HS10, the manual zoom, and the look of Fuji output but would like more zoom and a massive (I cannot stress just how much quicker the HS50 is compared to the HS10) improvement in shot time, then the HS50 is the only option.

Hope that helps

Cheers Paul

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow