Spoiled by a sensor....(G5 vs GH3 (and GH2))

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,076Gear list
Like?
I hope so, but it is really overdue
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Apr 15, 2013

If you come up with a more direct competitor to the OMD a year after OMD was introduced, you are very late. Idealy, G6 and GH3 where introduced together last year.

I can't blame Panasonic for anything, because I don't know the reason why but it seems that at least on the photgraphic side of things they have lost ground bigtime and I am also convinced that coming up with a G6 with only the Sony sensor as the maindifference will help them much.

What G6 could really use as a big step forward on any "big sensor" mirrorless out there is some really good AF tracking. I mean something like 5-6 frames per second and like a D7000 or something similar. Not that it is to be expected but to come out on top with something spectacular that gets the attention back, we need something from this caliber I think.

Slowly but surely, in the popular 500-800 euro segment Paansonic has quickly become a me-to producer in my view when it comes to camera bodies. The lenses are of another class, at least some.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow