Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Missing Night Photography
Apr 15, 2013

So far I think I've been pretty happy with my DP2M.  After a rough start, the help from this forum got me to the point where I can reliably shoot images that come out pretty good with very different Foveon sensor.  However, a HUUUUGE part of my photography has always been shooting at night.  Urban photography at night is quite interesting and me and my Fuji X100 have been inseparable for the past 2 years.

I find myself strongly desiring a one camera solution, as my X100 used to be.  The DP2M is great for its limited area, but I find it less than useful at ISO800 or higher.  WIth my X100, shooting at ISO3200 was VERY common with the results very very useable.

I find myself drawn to a camera that is almost certainly a 1 camera does all for what I need, the Sony RX1.  While it can't duplicate the DP2M's insane resolution, such super high resolution has never been the be all, and end all of photography for me.  I do enjoy the extra resolution that the Sigma gives me, but I'd sacrifice some of it to get high ISO performance.  The RX1's high ISO performance is simply unbelievable.  ISO6400 is fantastic.

Of course, the price of the RX1 is high, but that's not a show stopper for me.  I'm going to sell off my Fuji gear which will cover almost all of that.  My X100, X10, XF1, S5 Pro and host of Nikon lenses will bring in enough to cover the RX1.   I just need to be absolutely sure that this is the right way to go....and also decide if I should keep the Sigma.   It's use would be dramatically down with the RX1.  I do not like keeping cameras around that I do not use.

I just dont shoot at night anymore...and that bothers me a lot.

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm XF1 Sigma DP2 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow