Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Erik Magnuson
Forum ProPosts: 12,103Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform
In reply to Bart Hickman, Apr 15, 2013

Bart Hickman wrote:

I don't know for sure on that lens, but I do know the Canon 55-200 does reach the rear element.

I know for sure - the rear element on the EF-S 55-250 is about 3/4" behind the EF-S extension when at the 55mm position -- which puts it in front of the mount plane.  I'd estimate it's a total of 50mm from the sensor (44mm to mount and at least another 6mm to rear surface.)

Normalized means the resolution is in terms of lines per picture height, not pixels.  If the lens is the limiting factor, adding resolution won't change the results.

Lens resolution is not a brick wall filter. For all of the PZ tests where the same lens has been tested on two sensors of the same size but different resolution, the resolution numbers are higher when the pixel count is higher.  Adding sensor resolution will always change the results - just not always by the same ratio as linear pixel count.

-- hide signature --

--

Erik

Erik Magnuson's gear list:Erik Magnuson's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 450D Sigma SD10 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Nikon D3200 +28 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow